Bienvenue and welcome to
Traditional French Food
Traditional French food is very simple, yet full of flavour. If you have ever been to France, and sampled any traditional French recipe you will agree.
The knowledge and experiences I have gained from living and cooking and eating in France have re-educated my taste buds and I hope I can pass on my
My family and I relocated to france nearly 14 years ago, we have eaten at restaurants, like the traditional farm restaurants called Ferme Auberge to the prestigious Le Vieux Logis and at the homes of many french friends. The french are very social people, eating together is truly the 'norm'
to them. Learning the tips and techniques from the locals has made me
realise how cooking simple french dishes is easy and rewarding.
You can use the interactive map of France below to browse through our recipes, restaurants and information from the different regions or France, or follow the links further down the page to find specific information about famous French food and recipes.
Traditional French Food can change dramatically as you travel in France as there are many regions with their own very distinct flavours. From Confit de Canard a beautifully preserved duck from Perigord to Cotriade a delicious fish stew from Brittany. Most of the recipes I'm giving you are traditional and regional favourites.
There are also Famous French Foods
that are known throughout the gastronomic world. Here I try and explain
methods and techniques used throughout their history. I have acquired
many recipes from friends and families of friends, some research has
been done using established French cookbooks.
YOU can also have a page totally dedicated to you. YOUR story on YOUR favourite French recipe, please click submit recipe now
"YOU could really impress your family and friends by creating
a traditional menu from an area you know well in France, or create a
unique evening for a special occasion."
Finally, I really hope you enjoy your visit to my site and
continue to visit me and try my recipes. If you would like to receive
automated updates from my site, why not subscribe to my RSS Feed at My French Food Blog
Don't hesitate to contact me if you have anything you want to say.
I look forward to hearing from you. Angelina X
- Traditional French Food Recipes
- Traditional french food recipes are famous for using seasonal and regional ingredients to create wholesome country french food we all enjoy eating.
- French Starters
- Traditional, regional recipes for french starters around France don't have to be complicated. They can range from a simple bagette with pate or soup to a fish terrine or souffle
- French Soups
- Fresh ingredients are an essential part of making the best french soups. A selection of regional soup recipes from all over France.
- French Vegetable Recipes
- French vegetable recipes are normally made with fresh ingredients that add colour and texture to any french recipe
- French Fish Recipes
- French fish recipes are in abundance all around France, they love seafood dishes, any type of fish will do! they're not fussy.
- French Salads
- French salads use fresh ingredients in their traditional french recipes. Seasonal dishes eaten throughout France at any time of the year
- French Meat Recipes
- Traditional, french meat recipes include duck, deer and wild boar in their meat dishes, from all around France
- French Desserts
- The best french desserts recipes usually involve fruit. Their cakes, tarts, flans and even breads are the best known in the world.
- Famous French Food
- Famous french food is created using ingredients renowned for being the food of France. Specialities the french call their own
- Traditional French Restaurants and Bistros
- A selection of french restaurants and bistros
- French Regions
- Find French recipes and restaurants using the interactive map of France or by one of the French Regions,
- Share Your Traditional French Recipes
- Do you have a great Traditional French Recipe? Then why not share it with Traditional French Food and our visitors.
- Add your restaurant to the Traditional French Food Directory
- Submit your restaurant listing and be added to the Traditional French Food Directory
- Link Friends
- A list of Link Friends, that give you additional information I think you might find interesting. ie. about food, hunting, etc
- Traditional French Food Recipes Blog
- Traditional French Food Recipes Blog, keeps you automatically up to date with all the new web pages on Traditional French Food.com
- Contact Us
- Contact Us if you have any comments we will get back to you as soon as possible.