Traditional French Food
Regional Recipes From France
The knowledge and experiences I have gained from living and cooking
in France have re-educated my taste buds and I hope I can pass on my
The Food in France is very simple, yet full of flavour. If you
have ever been to France, and sampled traditional french food you will
My family and I relocated to france nearly 10 years ago, we have eaten at restaurants, like the traditional farm restaurants called Ferme Auberge to the prestigious Le Vieux Logis and at the homes of many french friends. The french are very social people, eating together is truly the 'norm'
to them. Learning the tips and techniques from the locals has made me
realise how cooking simple french dishes is easy and rewarding.
The Traditional Food of France can change throughout France as
there are many regions with their own very distinct flavours. From Confit de Canard a beautifully preserved duck from Perigord to Cotriade a delicious fish stew from Brittany. Most of the recipes I'm giving you are traditional and regional favourites.
There are also Famous French Foods
that are known throughout the gastronomic world. Here I try and explain
methods and techniques used throughout their history. I have acquired
many recipes from friends and families of friends, some research has
been done using established French cookbooks.
YOU can also have a page totally dedicated to you. YOUR story on YOUR favourite French recipe, please click submit recipe now
"YOU could really impress your family and friends by creating
a traditional menu from an area you know well in France, or create a
unique evening for a special occasion."
Finally, I really hope you enjoy your visit to my site and
continue to visit me and try my recipes. If you would like to receive
automated updates from my site, why not subscribe to my RSS Feed at My French Food Blog
Don't hesitate to contact me if you have anything you want to say.
I look forward to hearing from you. Angelina X
Go to top of page
- French Regions
- Find French recipes and restaurants using the interactive map of France or by one of the French Regions,
- Traditional French Food Recipes
- Traditional french food recipes are famous for using seasonal and regional ingredients to create wholesome country french food we all enjoy eating.
- Famous French Food
- Famous french food is created using ingredients renowned for being the food of France. Specialities the french call their own
- Traditional French Restaurants and Bistros
- A selection of french restaurants and bistros
- French Starters
- Traditional, regional recipes for french starters around France don't have to be complicated. They can range from a simple bagette with pate or soup to a fish terrine or souffle
- French Soups
- Fresh ingredients are an essential part of making the best french soups. A selection of regional soup recipes from all over France.
- French Salads
- French salads use fresh ingredients in their traditional french recipes. Seasonal dishes eaten throughout France at any time of the year
- French Vegetable Recipes
- French vegetable recipes are normally made with fresh ingredients that add colour and texture to any french recipe
- French Fish Recipes
- French fish recipes are in abundance all around France, they love seafood dishes, any type of fish will do! they're not fussy.
- French Meat Recipes
- Traditional, french meat recipes include duck, deer and wild boar in their meat dishes, from all around France
- French Desserts
- The best french desserts recipes usually involve fruit. Their cakes, tarts, flans and even breads are the best known in the world.
- Contact Us
- Contact Us if you have any comments we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Link Friends
- A list of Link Friends, that give you additional information I think you might find interesting. ie. about food, hunting, etc
- Traditional French Food Recipes Blog
- Traditional French Food Recipes Blog, keeps you automatically up to date with all the new web pages on Traditional French Food.com
- Share Your Traditional French Recipes
- Do you have a great Traditional French Recipe? Then why not share it with Traditional French Food and our visitors.
- Add your restaurant to the Traditional French Food Directory
- Submit your restaurant listing and be added to the Traditional French Food Directory
French Food Blog |
Traditional Recipes |
Famous French Food |
French Soups | French Salads | Vegetable Recipes | Fish Recipes | Meat Recipes
French Desserts | Contact Us |