Salade Sacha Distel
by Chef Jack Ferneley
A salad dressing created and named for popular and beloved French singer Sacha Distel, by Chef Roger Vergé of 'Nouvelle Cuisine' fame. Crisp and clean is the best way to describe this dressing. Each ingredient comes through as a nicely defined flavor adding itself to the whole.INGREDIENTS
- 6 stalks fresh celery, chopped fine.
- 1 green pepper, chopped fine.
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine.
- 1 teaspoon salt. 1 teaspoon dry English mustard powder.
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce.
- ½ cup (100g) granulated sugar.
- ½ cup (200g) vegetable oil.
- ½ cup (230g) white wine vinegar.
- 14 oz (400g) commercial tomato sauce.
- Mix all of the ingredients together well in a chilled bowl.
- Place all in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return the dressing to the bowl. Keep chilled, serve chilled. Best used within 2 hours.
Serve spooned over simple green leaf lettuce and any cheese salads.
This recipe is #43 in the 'Dressings' section of my Smashwords.com E-book titled; 'The Working Chef's Edition of Classic & Traditional Sauces, Relishes & Dressings'. by Chef Jack Ferneley.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Submit Your Own French Recipe.