Normandy Apple Cake
Gâteau aux pommes de Normandie
This recipe for a delicious caramelized apple cake from Normandy is economical, quick and easy to prepare. You can enjoy this cake as an afternoon snack with a small glass of fresh cider, apple juice for children :) or for dessert after a light meal.
Preparation: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Total: 45 mn
Cooking Temperature: 180°C
- for 6 people
- 3 apples
- 150g soft butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 150g of flour
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- 1/2 sachet of yeast
- 3 eggs
Think of getting the butter out of the refrigerator a little before you start.Method
- Peel the apples, get rid of the pips.
- Cut the apples into strips and arrange them in the bottom of buttered cake tim or a silicone mold
- Sprinkle with vanilla sugar.
- In the bowl, combine the soft butter and sugar with a fork.
- Add the flour and yeast and stir well.
- Incorporate the eggs one by one, mixing each time.
- Cover the apples with the mixture.
- Cook for 35 min at 180°C.
- Unmold and serve warm or cold.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Submit Your Own French Recipe.