If you make walnut oil salad in the autumn when the walnuts have just been picked, the tender and juicy white flesh of the nuts are at their best.
This salad is traditional to the Périgord region, in the south-west of France. Due to walnuts growing in abundance here!!
(La Salade à L'Huile de Noix)
Serves:- 45 mins, Preparation time:- 5 mins, Cooking time:- none
* a mixture of lettuce, enough for 4 people
* 1 tablespoon of walnut oil
* 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
* 12 walnuts, chopped into rough pieces
* 1 tablespoon of wine vinegar
* some salt and pepper
* wash and dry your chosen lettuce
* mix together the vinegar, a little salt and pepper,
* then whisk in the walnut and vegetable oil
* add to the salad in a large salad bowl
* add the chopped walnuts
* then toss the salad and serve
Do you have a great Traditional French Recipe? Then why not share it with us and other visitors to the site! Use the form below to submit a recipe to Traditional French Food.