Truffle salad is a very simple, yet wonderful accompaniment to any main course, as the season for salads approach, plant your favourite lettuce. I recommend the chicorée-frisée with this recipe.
Truffles or Truffes in France, are a group of valuable and highly sought-after, edible underground fungi. The most saught after truffle is the Black truffle or Black Périgord Truffle (Tuber melanosporum) also known as the Black Diamond and comes from the Périgord region in France as does this traditional recipe. This famous food has an aroma all to itself, it can impregnate salads, eggs, and rice to enhance the flavour of your dish.
Serves:- 4, Preparation time:- 5 mins, Cooking time:- 5 mins
* 1 truffle, brushed clean
* a mixture of lettuce, enough for 4 people
* 1 tablespoon of walnut oil
* 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
* a little white wine
* 1 tablespoon of wine vinegar
* some salt and pepper
* some chopped parsley
* poach your truffle whole in a little white wine for about 5 mins
* wash and dry your chosen lettuce
* slice your poached truffle thinly and mix with your salad
* mix together the vinegar, a little salt and pepper,
* then whisk in the walnut and vegetable oil
* add the parsley
* pour over your salad and truffles and toss together
Do you have a great Traditional French Recipe? Then why not share it with us and other visitors to the site! Use the form below to submit a recipe to Traditional French Food.