( La Salade Truffé)
Tell a Friend
Truffle salad is a very simple, yet wonderful accompaniment to any main course, as the season for salads approach, plant your favourite lettuce.
I recommend the chicorée-frisée with this recipe.
or Truffes in France, are a group of valuable and highly sought-after, edible underground fungi.
The most saught after truffle is the Black truffle or Black Périgord Truffle (Tuber melanosporum) also known as the Black Diamond and comes from the Périgord region in France as does this traditional recipe.
This famous food has an aroma all to itself, it can impregnate salads, eggs, and rice to enhance the flavour of your dish.
Do you have a question about truffle salad ? Ask Me !
Truffle Salad ( La Salade Truffé)
Serves:- 4, Preparation time:- 5 mins, Cooking time:- 5 mins
* 1 truffle, brushed clean
* a mixture of lettuce, enough for 4 people
* 1 tablespoon of walnut oil
* 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
* a little white wine
* 1 tablespoon of wine vinegar
* some salt and pepper
* some chopped parsley
* poach your truffle whole in a little white wine for about 5 mins
* wash and dry your chosen lettuce
* slice your poached truffle thinly and mix with your salad
* mix together the vinegar, a little salt and pepper,
* then whisk in the walnut and vegetable oil
* add the parsley
* pour over your salad and truffles and toss together
French Food Blog |
Famous French Food |
French Starters |
French Salads |
Vegetable Recipes |
Meat Recipes |
French Desserts |
French Cheese |
Contact Us |
My Story |