Fried Potatoes with Garlic
Tell a Friend
Fried Potatoes with Garlic or Potate Sarladaise is a very traditional recipe from the beautiful and historic region of Périgord.
This popular dish is normally served with a meat or fish dish.
There are many different types of potato in the supermarkets today,
but for practical reasons they fall into two easy categories.
Baking potatoes and boiling potatoes.
Baking potatoes are high in starch and turn light and fluffy when cooked.
Boiling potatoes are low in starch and hold together better when boiled.
Try and get baking potatoes for this recipe.
Do you have a question about Potatoes with Garlic ? Ask Me !
Fried Potatoes with Garlic (Potate Sarladaise)
serves:- 4, preparation time:- 10 mins, cooking time:- 20 mins
* 1-1.5kg of potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters, then into 2cm chunks
* 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
* 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely sliced
* 1 tbsp of duck or goose fat, you could use olive oil for a healthy option
* freshly ground pepper and a little salt
* a handful of chopped parsley if you like.
* warm the fat in a large non-stick frying pan
* place the potatoes in and cook till potatoes are just getting tender around 15mins on medium
* now add the onions and cook for a further 5 mins
* throw in the garlic, season with salt and pepper cook for another 5 mins
* turn of the heat, mix in the parsley and serve
* 'bon appétit'
French Food Blog |
Famous French Food |
French Starters |
French Salads |
Vegetable Recipes |
Meat Recipes |
French Desserts |
French Cheese |
Contact Us |
My Story |