Perigord Salad, (Salade Périgourdine) is a traditional french
recipe from the region of Perigord, within the Department of the
Dordogne in the south west of France. It is a regional favourite in
this area, which is famous for it's consumption of duck. This one is
my husbands favourite.
It's most special ingredient is gesier de
canard, often known as 'Salad de
using cooked, preserved duck giblets. If you have never
tasted them before you are really missing something. They are tender
and full of flavour. A typical example of a confit preservation. You
must try the recipe and judge for yourself.
This traditional french salad can also be
made with lardons & slices of smoked duck breast. We have eaten
this salad may times, and it varies depending on the Chef.
Read more on how to make Confits
preparation time:- 10 mins, cooking time:-5 mins
* 2 crisp and crunchy lettuces
* a little walnut oil
cooked or preserved duck giblets (gesier de canard) sliced
or 2oz of bread cut inti small cubes
* 125g or 4oz of shelled,
* a little wine vinegar.
* wash and break up the lettuce, put into a salad bowl in
* put some walnut oil into a frying pan and fry the giblets for
* add the bread cubes and fry till crunchy and golden
* add the walnuts and turn up the heat for a few seconds
* add a splash of wine vinegar and stir the mixture together
* pour the hot mixture over the lettuce and serve
Do you have a question about Perigord Salad (Salade Périgourdine)?
Share this page using the links below