Chicken in Wine
(Fricassee de Poulet)
Chicken in wine or Fricassee de Poulet is a simple regional recipe from Lorraine, use free range chickens for a better flavour.
represents less than 3% of all the chicken sold in the UK. Surely that is grotesquely out of proportion. In France, close to 40% of all fresh chicken sold in supermarkets and butchers shops is free range.
Fricassee de Poulet
serves:- 4-6, preparation time:- 10 mins, cooking time:- 1 hour 10 mins,
* 1 large chicken, cut into 8 pieces
* gently cook the chicken in the butter until firm, but not brown.
* dust the chicken with flour and continue to cook and allow to become golden.
* add the wine, stock, onions, garlic, bayleaf and salt and pepper.
* cover and simmer for about 1 hour
Famous French Food | French Starters | French Soups
French Salads | Vegetable Recipes | Fish Recipes
Meat Recipes | French Desserts | French Cheese | French Wines
Contact Us | My Story | Link Friends