Cheese and Tomato Salad (Salade de Tomates et Fomage) is a traditional favourite in France. This basic and classic recipe is known throughout France, but you must use the freshest and correct ingredients for it to work well.
(Salade de Tomates et Fomage)
serves:- 4-6, preparation time:- 5 mins, cooking time:- none,
* 1kg or 2lb of tomatoes, some very ripe and some a little green works best
* 1 tablespoon of caster sugar
* sea salt and black pepper
* a little wine vinegar
* 4 tablespoons of chopped fresh basil
* 175g or 6oz of mozzarella cheese cut into 1/4 inch cubes.
* thinly slice the tomatoes
* put all the ingredients into a large salad bowl
* mix carefully, don't break up the tomatoes
* refrigerate for at least an hour
* toss very gently before serving
Do you have a great Traditional French Recipe? Then why not share it with us and other visitors to the site! Use the form below to submit a recipe to Traditional French Food.