(Auvergne pot au feu)
Potée Auvergnate is a traditional recipe of pot roast which combines simple rustic ingredients, like cabbage and pork, in a typical old fashioned peasant dish.
- 1/2 kg pallet or knuckle of salted pork
- 600 g of salted bacon
- 4 Toulouse sausages
- 1 green cabbage
- 6 potatoes
- 4 carrots
- 2 onions
- 2 leeks
- 4 turnips
- 1 bouquet garni (thyme, bay leaf and parsley)
- Prepare the cabbage. To do this, remove the outer leaves. Cut the cabbage into four and do blanch for 3 minutes in boiling salted water. At the end of cooking, drain.
- Peel the potatoes, carrots, turnips. Cut leeks.
- Immerse all the meat in boiling water, blanch for 5 min. Remove the water and drain the meat.
- Place the blanched meat in a pot and cover with cold water. Boil 5 minutes and add the bouquet garni, onion stuck with cloves and pepper. Do not salt. Let simmer for 1h30.
- Add all the vegetables, except potatoes. Then simmer for another hour. Add potatoes and cook 30 min.
Arrange meat and vegetables on a large platter and serve hot.
Submit Your Own French Recipe
Do you have a great Traditional French Recipe? Then why not share it with us and other visitors to the site! Use the form below to submit a recipe to Traditional French Food.