Lobster Au Gratin is a gourmet food, seafood recipe from Lobster Gram.
A truly delicious alternative to fish.
Lobster Gram is working on a joint program with the
Lobster Institute , a leading lobster advocacy group. The goals of their special relationship with the Lobster Institute are as follows:
* to sustain lobster populations into the future
* to educate the public about lobster and the lobster industry
* to support lobster research
* and to improve communication between scientists, fishermen, marine resource managers, lobstering communities and all constituents within the lobster industry… all working together toward a common goal of a sustainable, thriving fishery and related businesses.
Lobster Au Gratin
* 4 tablespoons butter
* 1/2 cup all purpose flour
* 1 cup heavy whipping cream
* 1 cup milk
* 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1/2 teaspooon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
* 2 tablespoons diced celery
* 1 tablespoon grated onion
* 1 tablespoon chopped pimento
* 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
* 1 pound Maine lobster meat, chopped
* Preheat oven to 350°.
* Butter a 6 cup casserole dish.
* In a sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat.
* Whisk in flour and cook, stirring constantly for 2 to 3 minutes. Be careful not to brown the flour.
* Remove from heat and slowly whisk in the cream and milk. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, celery, onion and pimento
* Add 1/2 cup of the cheese and the lobster meat, mix well. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish and top with the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese.
* Bake until the cheese is lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
Do you have a great Traditional French Recipe? Then why not share it with us and other visitors to the site! Use the form below to submit a recipe to Traditional French Food.