This simple dish, includes some
famous french foods,
oil this recipe comes from an upscale french restaurant right next to
Central Park. It's in a beautiful, old-world style building and has
great atmosphere and food.
Thank you Doug for sending it to me.
* 1 pound baby frisee
* 16 walnut halves
* 16 haricot Vests, blanched
* 1 Granny Smith Apple, peeled and cut into a small dice
* Foie Gras Terrine, 8 oz.
* 4 teaspoons of white truffle oil
* Salt and pepper to taste
For the Roasted Shallot Vinaigrette
* 1 cup olive oil
* 4 large shallots, peeled and sliced thinly
* 3 teaspoons of chopped thyme
* 3 teaspoons of chopped parsley
* ¼ cup of sherry vinegar
* Salt and pepper
* In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat until shimmering and add shallots.
* Sauté for two minutes, then lower the heat to low and add the vinegar, salt, pepper, and herbs.
* Cook for 10-15 minutes until the shallots are tender and remove from the heat and cool.
* When the shallots are cool, add them to a blender and blend for 30 seconds, add the olive oil in a steady thin stream to form an emulsion.
* Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper if needed.
* In a large bowl, combine the frisee, walnuts, haricot verts, apple, and four ounces of the foie gras terrine cut into ¼ inch dice.
* Dress the salad with the roasted shallot vinaigrette and toss to combine.
* Divide onto 4 chilled plates and top each salad with a one ounce slice of the remaining foie gras terrine.
* Drizzle a teaspoon of truffle oil over each slice and serve chilled.
Do you have a great Traditional French Recipe? Then why not share it with us and other visitors to the site! Use the form below to submit a recipe to Traditional French Food.