Foie Gras Salad
Foie Gras Salad by Petrossian
This simple dish, includes some
famous french foods,
oil this recipe comes from an upscale french restaurant right next to Central Park. It's in a beautiful, old-world style building and has great atmosphere and food.
* 1 pound baby frisee
For the Roasted Shallot Vinaigrette
* In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat until shimmering and add shallots.
* Sauté for two minutes, then lower the heat to low and add the vinegar, salt, pepper, and herbs.
* Cook for 10-15 minutes until the shallots are tender and remove from the heat and cool.
* When the shallots are cool, add them to a blender and blend for 30 seconds, add the olive oil in a steady thin stream to form an emulsion.
* Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper if needed.
* In a large bowl, combine the frisee, walnuts, haricot verts, apple, and four ounces of the foie gras terrine cut into ¼ inch dice.
* Dress the salad with the roasted shallot vinaigrette and toss to combine.
* Divide onto 4 chilled plates and top each salad with a one ounce slice of the remaining foie gras terrine.
* Drizzle a teaspoon of truffle oil over each slice and serve chilled.
Famous French Food | French Starters | French Soups
French Salads | Vegetable Recipes | Fish Recipes
Meat Recipes | French Desserts | French Cheese | French Wines
Submit Recipe | Speak French | Contact Us | My Story | Link Friends