This is a traditional alpine recipe, especially delicious in the lodge after a day of skiing or snowshoeing.
* 1 kg potatoes
* 1 small packet bacon bits
* 2 small/1 large onions
* 1 small glass of wine
* 1 small tub of cream
* 1 reblochon cheese
* Peel and cook the potatoes. Let them cool, then slice them into thin coins (about 1cm).
* Preheat the oven with the grill on.
* Slice the onions thinly and put them in a frying pan with a bit of oil.
* Melt the onions. When they're half-cooked, add the bacon.
* When the mixture is ready, add a small glass of wine and continue cooking until it has evaporated.
* Butter or oil an oven dish. Add a row of potatoes, then some onion/bacon mixture. Then do it again until you've run out of mixture.
* Then cover with the cream.
* Slice a reblochon cheese in half so you have two large round pieces. Place cheese down, rind up, on the mixture.
* Place in oven, not too close to the grill, until cheese melts and rind darkens - but without burning.