This is a traditional alpine recipe, especially delicious in the lodge after a day of skiing or snowshoeing.
* 1 kg potatoes
* 1 small packet bacon bits
* 2 small/1 large onions
* 1 small glass of wine
* 1 small tub of cream
* 1 reblochon cheese
* Peel and cook the potatoes. Let them cool, then slice them into thin coins (about 1cm).
* Preheat the oven with the grill on.
* Slice the onions thinly and put them in a frying pan with a bit of oil.
* Melt the onions. When they're half-cooked, add the bacon.
* When the mixture is ready, add a small glass of wine and continue cooking until it has evaporated.
* Butter or oil an oven dish. Add a row of potatoes, then some onion/bacon mixture. Then do it again until you've run out of mixture.
* Then cover with the cream.
* Slice a reblochon cheese in half so you have two large round pieces. Place cheese down, rind up, on the mixture.
* Place in oven, not too close to the grill, until cheese melts and rind darkens - but without burning.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Submit Your Own French Recipe.