Shrimp Bisque is from the Charente region of western France.
The coastal influence allows an abundance of seafoods.
This a very quick and simple dish, full of flavour!
Bisques de Crevettes
serves:- 4-6, preparation time:- 10 mins, cooking time:- 1 hour,
* 1kg or 2lb of live grey shrimps
* 1 litre of 2 pints of milk
* 325g or 11 oz of potatoes, peeled and diced
* 200g or 7oz of tomatoes, peeled and diced
* 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
* salt and pepper
* put everything into a large saucepan and bring to the boil
* simmer uncovered for 1 hour
* whizz in a food processor or a liquidiser
* pass through a fine sieve
* serve with croutons fried in a little butter
Do you have a great Traditional French Recipe? Then why not share it with us and other visitors to the site! Use the form below to submit a recipe to Traditional French Food.