(Salade de Roquefort)
Tell a Friend
Roquefort salad is primarily made with roquefort cheese which is made from ewe's-milk and comes from the south of France.
ie 'Roquefort-sur-Soulzon'. Together with Bleu d'Auvergne, Stilton and Gorgonzola,
Roquefort Cheese is rated as one of the world's greatest blue cheeses.
The law in Europe says that only the cheeses aged in the natural Combalou caves of Roquefort-sur-Soulzon may bear the name 'Roquefort'.
is sometimes known as the "King of Cheeses". To deserve this title, it should be white, crumbly and moist in the centre and therefore easily spreadable. If it's a bit hard still, it can ripen in the fridge.
The reputation of the
'walnuts of Perigord'
is famous and accounts for 60 per cent of all the french walnut trade in France.
It is said that with the walnut, nothing is wasted except the sound of the nut being cracked open.
Do you have a question about roquefort salad? Ask Me !
Roquefort Salad (Salade de Roquefort)
Serves:- 4, Preparation time:- 5 mins, Cooking time:- none
* selction of lettuce for 4 people
* 1 tablespoon of walnut oil
* 1 tablespoon of wine vinegar
* 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil
* 2 oz of quality Roquefort Cheese
* 20 walnut halves
* salt and pepper
* prepare the salad and place in a salad bowl
* mix the oils, vinegar, salt and pepper to make the 'vinaigrette'
* cut the roquefort into cubes
* add the dressing to the salad and toss together
* add the cheese and walnuts and again toss then serve
* 'Bon Apertit'
French Food Blog |
Famous French Food |
French Starters |
French Salads |
Vegetable Recipes |
Meat Recipes |
French Desserts |
French Cheese |
Contact Us |
My Story |